Groups allow a Platform Administrator to define groups of users with whom files can be shared.
If a user:
- Belongs to any group that has an associated label, the user can be shared items that specify that label.
- Is not associated with a label (directly on their user account or via a group), the user cannot be shared items that specify that label.
Groups are not visible to users (unless they have the System administrator role).
To add a new group:
- Click the 'Groups' option in the Covata Administration interface.
- Click the 'Add new' button and specify the following information:
- Name: A name to describe the group.
- Description: An optional, longer description of the group.