SafeShare Release Notes 3.2
Features of the SafeShare 3.2 release
Organisation theming: Organisation theming allows multi-tenanted environments to customise web application branding for each individual customer. Providers can override the default Covata theme to create brand-aligned themes for each of their customers.
Web App Separated from Server: The work started in 3.1 to separate the web application from the Access Service was completed in this release. The web application can now be deployed and life-cycle-managed entirely independently from the Access Service backend
Performance and stability: A number performance and stability improvements have been made to SafeShare clients and the underlying Covata services.
SafeShare web application
- Per-Org theming allowing environment owners to customise theming/branding on a per- organisation basis.
- The web application is now deployed and managed completely independently of the Access Service.
- Multiple performance & scalability enhancements across the application
SafeShare for Windows
- New icon added to application pane to enable user selection for files to secure.
- File upload and download are now displaying progress
- Entering HTTP service address will now automatically be converted to HTTPS if the server supports HTTPS.
- Folder selection when choosing where to decrypt secured files now displays a full File Explorer view.
- .DS_Store files are now ignored (i.e. not secured) by default.
- Stability, presentation and bug fixes.
- Minimum supported server version: 3.2
- Maximum supported server version: Any 3.x version equal or higher to 3.2
SafeShare for OSX
- Automatically shows the uploads/downloads popover whenever a new upload is added to the queue
- Improved reporting of user's account plan when it can't be retrieved or does not have one assigned
- Tasks for file/folder uploads will not be added to the queue when there is already an identical task pending
SafeShare for iOS
- All users logging into the SafeShare application will be prompted to register device with the account (unless they have already registered or have previously declined registration), overriding any previous registration for the configured server
- Users can now return to the passcode screen from the username/password screen if they have a registered account and tapped back on the passcode screen
- Lots of minor fixes around login and registration of users in order to enhance the consistency between clients
SafeShare for Android
No changes to SafeShare for Android in this release